If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A perfectly ripe summer tomato, creamy tuna-fish, fragrant rosemary & melty sharp cheese...yes, please. I was looking for an easy lunch without...bread. What better to replace bread with, than a summer gem. This was darn tasty & super simple--my favorite! Try this one for a small lunch get-together. The tomatoes would look so cute all lined up on a platter, sprinkled with some chopped rosemary. - we eat. happy.
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes or beefsteak tomatoes, tops cut-off & fillings removed
- 1 can of oil packed tuna-fish, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise
- 1 TBL fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt & cracked pepper
- 2-4 slices cheddar or gruyere cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients besides the tomatoes & cheese together.
- Preheat the broiler on high. Fill the tomatoes with the tuna-fish mixture (enough for the tuna-fish to come up over the top of the tomato). Place a slice or two of cheese on top (depending on how big the slices are).
- Place each of the tomatoes in some tinfoil & kind of mold the tinfoil around the tomato & put them directly under the broiler for about 4 minutes. Once the cheese is bubbly, melted & starting to turn golden take the tomatoes out. Season again with a little sea salt & pepper.
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
Italian Breakfast Buns
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.