If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Back in the day before I was tall enough so that my parents could set me on a milk crate to dive in the ice cream coffin freezer to scoop cones for our hotel guests, they would send me to my Vermont relatives for two weeks of a Green Mountain State summer. My Aunt Alta would organize trips to Peacham Pond, putting together a great picnic lunch we could have on the little sandy beach. She made an egg salad with olives that I simply adored. Her version was simple - eggs, mayonnaise, and black olives from the can. This is a paean to her delicious yet simple salad. —Bevi
Makes enough egg salad for 2 hefty sandwiches, or 12 akmak crackers
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped Castelvetrano olives (see chopping tips below in Step 1)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha
- optional paprika or cayenne pepper
- Chop the olives into "fourth fingernail" sized bits. I slice the olive meat lengthwise 4 times around the pit, and then slice off the meat from the top and bottom of the pit. Then I cut the lengthwise olive meats in half. Set aside.
- Mash the eggs with a fork in a glass bowl. Add the olives.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, olive juice, and Sriracha. Add to the eggs and olives and mix thoroughly. Make sandwiches, or top on a great cracker - as stated I like Akmaks. Dust with paprika or cayenne pepper if you choose.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard