If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my recipe for an Indian style lettuce wrap using ingredients from my farm share - refreshing butter lettuce filled with curried tofu and fresh basil chutney. —Chitra Agrawal
Lettuce Wrap & Curried Tofu
- 1 butter or Boston lettuce head
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato chopped
- 1 lemon
- cilantro, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non stick fry pan under medium heat. Throw in tofu and fry until sides are lightly browned and skin is starting to get more firm on outside ~ 25 minutes. Set aside the cooked tofu.
- Next put 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan under medium heat. When heated, add in the chopped onion and fry until translucent.
- Next mix in the chopped garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Put in turmeric, chili powder, coriander, cumin powder and garam masala and mix well. Fry for a few seconds until fragrant.
- Next throw in the tomato and mix. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add back the tofu to the pan.
- Fry for another 5 minutes or until tofu is completely coated with the curried tomato mixture. Turn off the stove.
- Add salt to taste, a squeeze of lemon and top with chopped cilantro.
Basil Chutney & Lettuce Wrap Assembly
- 1 bunch basil leaves, washed
- 1 cup frozen fresh grated coconut, thawed
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 3 Indian/Thai green chilis
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree.
- Fold in Greek yogurt.
- Fill 1 tablespoon of curried tofu in 1 lettuce leaf. Top with 1 teaspoon of basil chutney.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soy
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.