Author Notes: This sandwich combines leftover roast turkey with creamy Brie, peppery arugula, tart cranberry sauce and nutty bread. The flavours complement one another and are a perfect way to use up the last of your Thanksgiving turkey. Serve with a glass of Pinot Noir for an easy evening meal. - menumaniac
Serves one sandwich
- 3/4 cups roast turkey, roughly shredded
- 3 or 4 slices of triple creme Brie
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce, preferably homemade
- 1/4 cup baby arugula or spinach
- 2 thick slices of walnut bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil.
- Place arugula on one slice of bread, top with turkey, brie and cranberry sauce. Add a little fresh ground pepper. Place the other piece of bread on top.
- Cook in a panini press for 3-4 minutes or in a non-stick frying pan pressing down with a spatula or heavy pan. (If using a frying pan, you will need to flip the sandwich after 2 minutes.)
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with a glass of Pinot Noir.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers