If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every since I discovered basmati rice with whole spices, I haven't looked back. Easy, scented and packed with flavour.... —Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 400ml coconut mil
- 200ml water
- 400g basmati rice (soaked for 10 minutes, rinsed and drained
- Put butter/ghee in a pan and heat till melted
- Add spices to melted butter/ghee and heat through till fragrant
- Add coconut milk, water and tumeric to spice mix and then add rice.
- Stir again and bring the pot of rice to the boil, covered. Once it reaches the boil, turn down the heat and let simmer, about 15 minutes.
- If rice is not cooked, add a bit more water and cook for another 5 minutes. Once ready, turn off heat, take off cover and place a tea towel over pot
- Serve with steamed carrots and green beans and a curry
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Hot dogs made better.
Your poolside essentials.
Is Your Cilantro Contaminated?