If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We eat a lot of rice at home (in Nigeria) and I'm always in search of ways to jazz it up. So far, my tastiest rice recipes involve...coconut milk and this recipe is no exception. Rice, kidney beans and fragrant lemon thyme - a warming meal on any night of the week. —Kitchen Butterfly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125g kidney beans (from a tin)
- 2 sprigs of (lemon) thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme (though flavour will be different, though yummy still)
- Put butter in a large pan on medium heat till melted, then add onions and garlic and fry till soft
- Rinse kidney beans under a running tap and add to the pan with the coconut milk and thyme sprigs. Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes
- Add the rice and the 2nd tablespoon of butter, season with salt and let simmer, covered till rice is cooked.
- Serve with creole sauce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).