If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 8 pints
- 12 cups zucchini, about 10lbs.
- 4 onions, mix of sweet white & yellow
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar (I used coconut palm)
- 2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 dried red chili, crushed
- Finely chop zucchini, onions, bell pepper. (I used my food processor to do this, but feel free to do it by hand.) Combine, and add salt. Cover & let stand 2+ hours, or overnight.
- Drain zucchini mixture. Rinse, and allow to drain well. Squeeze out remaining moisture (zucchini will sweat more in the pot). Transfer to large stockpot/saucepan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and allow mixture to thicken, about 5-8 minutes. Add vinegar solution to zucchini, stirring to incorporate. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Prepare traditional canning bath. Process jars 10 minutes. Let jars sit 12 hours; label and store.
How to Judge a Person by Their Ice Cream Choice
Are you a King Cone or a Klondike Bar?
Choose your ice cream wisely.
Brown butter Nutella skillet cookie.
Fire up the grill.
Festive Felt Barbecue Banners
Portable picnic snacks.