If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some of our best ideas come about in similar fashion - relaxing with a couple of adult beverages, with perhaps a cookbook or two, a couple of newspaper articles featuring different gazpachos, a 100 degree reading on the outdoor thermometer, and planning what to cook and eat over the long weekend ... —aargersi
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped cucumber - I used English and left the skin on
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons good extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 anchovies (depending on your love of the fish)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup torn baguette - inside only, no crust
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns black pepper
- 2 slices baguette
- 1 hard cooked egg
- shaved parmesan for serving
- Put the first 8 ingredients in a processor or blender (lettuce through water) and blend until it's fairly smooth. Add the torn bread and let it soak for a minute or two. Add salt and pepper and blend again until it's all well mixed. Taste for salt and pepper, adjust if necessary. Put the soup in the fridge and put two soup bowls in the freezer. Wait for everything to chill nicely.
- Toast the slices of baguette and chop the egg. To serve - pour the soup into the two cold bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and shave some parmesan on too (I use a carrot peeler). Pile the chopped egg onto the two baguette slices and serve with the soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
It's in the bag.