If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: As much as I'd love to cling to summer, I know that that its on its way out. Simple hints,like the angle with which the the rays hit my PC as I type this. The same angles which prophesied the arrival of spring, except that its moving in the opposite direction. The trees were sprouting peach fuzz like whiffs of sage green shoots then, the same leaves are beginning to turn golden at their edges. Although in the same amount of time, the direction will turn yet again, winter somehow seems to last longer than it actually does.
well, here's to celebrating the last of summer bounties with a sweet corn and arborio risotto. While the corn represents all the best of summer has to offer, the rich nutty toasted butternut oil rings in the cool autumn. Though the feta may be combined with the risotto at the end of the cooking process, I like to just set it on the side to be added as per personal preference. —Panfusine
- 2 smallish corn cobs , kernels removed
- 1 cup arborio or any other short grained rice
- 2 1/2 cups water,
- 1/2 cup whole milk, slightly warmed
- 8 - 10 strands of Saffron
- Salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted Butternut oil
- Steep the saffron in the warm milk and set aside. Wash and clean the rice and add it to a heavy bottom pan with 3 cups of water. Cover & bring to a gentle boil. Add the corn kernels into a food processor and grind to a coarse paste.
- Add the corn to the rice and cook, covered on a medium low heat until the rice has completely cooked. Add the seasonings and check for taste ( the flavor will be mildly sweet thanks to the corn). Add the saffron infused milk. Fold to combine. Switch off the heat, cover and allow the flavors to combine for about 5- 7 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls, add Feta cheese as per your personal preference and drizzle with a table spoon of butternut oil. Serve warm with a side of salad. (or if you have a spice loving palate like me , add a dollop of smoky tomato relish.. http://food52.com/recipes/13592_tomato_relish_with_smoked_jalapeno_arbol_chile )
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).