If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every time I try to make something healthy is backfires. For example many times I will add butter, cream, bacon or a combination of the three to an otherwise healthy vegetable. This is what happened the other day when I tried to make a simple side salad. It popped into my head that some sauteed shallots in butter would be quite delicious on top of my healthy greens. Oh well C'est la vie! —singing_baker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thin on a mandoline
- 4 radishes, sliced thin on mandoline
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until golden. Add grapefruit juice to pan to deglaze and take off the heat.
- To the saute pan add tarragon and grapefruit zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- toss dressing with butter lettuce, radishes and fennel. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: Salads
Let's Play Gin
It's time for Haiku52
Our haikus about gin.
Food blog links we love.
We've got the summer blues.
Are marinades worth it?
A better basket.