Author Notes: Every time I try to make something healthy is backfires. For example many times I will add butter, cream, bacon or a combination of the three to an otherwise healthy vegetable. This is what happened the other day when I tried to make a simple side salad. It popped into my head that some sauteed shallots in butter would be quite delicious on top of my healthy greens. Oh well C'est la vie! - singing_baker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grapefruit zest
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 fennel bulb, sliced thin on a mandoline
- 4 radishes, sliced thin on mandoline
- Heat olive oil and butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until golden. Add grapefruit juice to pan to deglaze and take off the heat.
- To the saute pan add tarragon and grapefruit zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- toss dressing with butter lettuce, radishes and fennel. Enjoy!