If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love sole meuniere, but as sole is nicely-priced, I'm always looking for another way to fix it.
Add to that a love of fish cooked on vegetables, a need to diet, et voila! Sole on Leeks with Salad. - Alyce Morgan
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 leeks, white and light green pts only, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, divided
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sole
- lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 3 cups mixed salad greens, your choice
- 1 tomato, chopped finely
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, medium dice
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat butter and one tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook about ten minutes, stirring often. Add garlic, 2T of the parsley, and 1T of the chives. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook another minute or so until vegetables are very wilted and beginning to brown.
- Add sole in a single layer over the leek mixture. Sprinkle in a little more parsley and chives along with some more salt and pepper. Pour in wine or broth carefully. Squeeze some of the lemon over everything and cover. Cook 3-4 minutes or until fish is just opaque, but still quite tender.
- Meantime, on a large platter, scatter salad greens and top with chopped tomatoes and yellow pepper, saving some of the peppers for garnish. Season with salt and pepper. When the fish is done, using a large (or fish) spatula, gently remove vegetables and fish onto or in the middle of the greens. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and squeeze the other half of the lemon over the salad. Finally, sprinkle with a last pouf of fresh ground pepper and garnish with the remainder of the yellow bell pepper and any leftover parsley or chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.