If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 1/2 pounds baby eggplant, or any small sweet variety, peeled and cut into 1-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil for the mint sauce, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon mint, minced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, mix the honey, mint, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic and balsamic vinegar.
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Toss the eggplant dice olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the eggplant dice on a large baking sheet and roast for about 25 minutes, until tender and slightly brown around the edges.
- Transfer the eggplant to a bowl and drizzle with the lime juice.
- When the eggplant is completely cool, spoon on individual plates. Top the eggplant with an ice-cream scoop of Greek yogurt. Drizzle the honey-mint sauce all over and serve.
- (Note: Small eggplants are sweet and do not need to be pre-salted. If you are using a large variety, first peel the eggplant and cut crosswise into 1-inch tick slices. Sprinkle the slices with salt, and arrange on a paper towel. Let the eggplant stand for about 30min to release water and bitter juices, and then cut into 1-inch dice.)