If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I was at the University of Bonn, I used to spend my weekends at a friend's Bed and Breakfast in a wine village near the Rhine. A standard German breakfast included the ever present brötchen, a soft boiled egg, and a bowl of Muesli. I begged my friend for the recipe and what I got amused me. She said it was an Amish recipe from America that she had somehow gotten her hands on years before. So here Martina's muesli that evidently traveled from Germany to America with the Amish and back again. —Pastor Paul
Serves multiple servings
- 1/3-1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4-1/2 cups sesame seeds
- 1 cup almonds or walnuts or a combination of the two
- 1 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut, oats, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, nuts and optional raisin or cranberries.
- Over med. heat, in a small sauce pan, bring the honey/brown sugar, the oil, and the cinnamon to a light boil.
- Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and stir with a large spoon.
- On two cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil, sprayed with Pam or greased with canola oil, spread out the mixture and bake at 325 degrees for 20-30 mins. Stir the ingredients at least one time during the baking. Don’t let the muesli get too brown. Because of the honey, it can burn pretty easily! Sometimes I bake on one sheet with the ingredients piled higher and just watch it carefully and stir frequently during the baking.
- Let the muesli cool, and then store in a sealable plastic container. Serve with milk or yoghurt.
Cut to the Chase
How to take care of your cutting boards
Take care of your cutting boards.
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Get your shine on.