If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich and buttery, scallops make for a perfect weeknight meal either on their own or over pasta. These can serve as a lovely appetizer also. These are treated very simply baked with panko, parmesan and butter. - inpatskitchen
Serves 4 as an entree and more as an appetizer.
For the crumb topping
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saute pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, crumbs, salt and pepper, and while stirring constantly cook until very lightly browned. Let the mixture cool.
Putting it all together
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds large sea scallops.( about 16)
- The crumb topping
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the crumb topping in the bottom of a baking dish large enough to hold the scallops in one layer.(I used a 10 inch round baking dish)
- Make sure your scallops are as dry as possible by blotting them with paper toweling. Place the scallops over the crumbs in one layer in the baking dish.
- To the remaining crumb topping, stir in the parmesan and parsley. Sprinkle this evenly over the scallops.
- Bake in a pre heated 400F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. To serve as an appetizer, plate 2 or 3 scallops per person over a couple of spears of roasted or blanched asparagus. As an entree, serve them on their own or over buttered pasta.(YUM)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish