If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the tastiest, easiest appetizer for a crowd on a limited time budget. You can even make the butter a day ahead and top the oysters right before company arrives. I also cut down on ingredients by using prepared organic herb stuffing mix, which you can find at any supermarket. —alyson mance
Makes 36 oysters
- 3 dozen oysters on the half shell
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced shallot (about 1 small shallot)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups herb stuffing mix
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. In a mixing bowl with sturdy spoon or in a stand mixer, combine everything but the oysters. Cover each oyster with a dollop of butter mixture. Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until tops are golden brown and crispy. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
In Queso Were Wondering
Cashews are the mvp of vegan ingredients
This queso is nuts.
Keep your bubbly bubbly.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our guide to the Eastern Shore.
Get your shine on.