If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple shrimp curry, ideal for everyday meals or a special occasion. I like to serve it with plain rice and papad. - nykavi
- 1 cup Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1/2 cup White onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coconut milk, and salt and bring to a simmer. Let sauce simmer on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bring sauce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked. Do not overlook as shrimp will turn rubbery.
- Finish with a sprinkle of garam masala and roasted cumin powder. Serve with plain white rice or papad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns