Author Notes: This is a simple shrimp curry, ideal for everyday meals or a special occasion. I like to serve it with plain rice and papad. - nykavi
- 1 cup Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1/2 cup White onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, finely minced
- 1 Jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon Roasted cumin powder
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onions, garlic, and jalapeño. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, coconut milk, and salt and bring to a simmer. Let sauce simmer on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and bring sauce to a simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked. Do not overlook as shrimp will turn rubbery.
- Finish with a sprinkle of garam masala and roasted cumin powder. Serve with plain white rice or papad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish