If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love ordering ceviche when I see it on restaurant menus, but unless the restaurant is a Latin one, not many places offer this as an appetizer. A little intimidated to recreate and serve this at home, I decided it was time to take on a raw food challenge. A watermelon or a mint mojito would tie this all together. - NakedBeet
Serves 2 as entree, 4 as appetizer
- 8 ounces scallops, cut into 1/4" rounds
- 1/2 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/2 large jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 cups red or green cactus pear (o.k. to substitute with watermelon or mango)
- 3/4 cups fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- blue corn chips
- In a non-metal bowl, marinate the cut scallops in 1/2 cup of lime juice for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Once marinated, drain the excess juice and toss together gently with tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cactus pear and the rest of the lime juice (1/4 cup). Season with salt to taste.
- Serve into individual bowls and dress with cilantro and avocado and blue chips on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish