If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 pound ground beef or ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 cup shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cooked jasmine rice, cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 cup plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Place the meat in a bowl and sprinkle with the turmeric.
- In a large mortar or a food processor, combine the lemongrass, garlic, shallots, ginger, and salt and pound or pulse until they become a rough paste. Add the rice, cayenne, and tomatoes and pound or pulse again. Add the paste to the meat and mix well, kneading them together.
- Shape the mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter, then gently press each into a thick patty.
- Place a heavy skillet over high heat. Add the peanut oil, lower the heat very slightly, and then add the patties. (If the patties release water, raise the heat to evaporate it.) Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or to your desired doneness.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.