If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Take the chill off of autumn mornings with this creamy, rich, and sweet bowl of quinoa porridge. Nutrition nerds, take note: this dish is rich in fiber and complete protein! - Gena Hamshaw
- 1/2 cup Slivered almonds
- 1 cup Dried quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup Full fat coconut milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 Cinnamon stick (or 1 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/3 cup Pitted dates, chopped into small pieces (optional)
- Heat a shallow pan or a dry skillet over medium heat. Toast almonds till they’re golden. Quickly remove from heat and transfer to a cool plate to stop them from burning.
- Rinse quinoa using a sieve until the rinse water runs clear. Bring the quinoa, maple syrup, sea salt, cinnamon, 1 cup coconut milk and 1 cup water to boil. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer until quinoa is fluffy and all liquid has absorbed (about 15-20 minutes). Turn off heat and fluff quinoa gently with a fork. Remove cinnamon stick.
- Quickly, before it gets cold, divide quinoa into four bowls. Top each with about 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, along with 2 tablespoons of toasted almond slivers and a sprinkle of dates, if desired. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!