If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If something is called wild rice I have to try it, I thought when I saw this rice standing in the market next to all the other rice. When I opened the package at home I saw there was black and white rice inside, it did not get its name by its appearance apparently, so I made it a bit wilder by adding some color to it. This might be one of the most colorful rice dishes you have seen, it just makes you happy by looking at it. (Ottolenghi inspired, this kitchen is a never ending source of inspiration) —Janneke Verheij
- 1 cup wild rice
- 5 dried apricots
- juice and zest of 1/4 orange
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 1 tomato in cubes
- 1 red onion in rings
- 1 handful chopped and roasted cashew nuts
- 1 big handful of rocket
- olive oil
- Cut the apricots into small cubes and soak them in the orange juice for 10 minutes. Bake the onions in oil on low fire for 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice in 2 cups of water until done but still with a bite, let it cool down until luke warm.
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the rocket and nuts, and season with pepper and salt. Mix in the rocket and sprinkle the nuts on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory Rice Dish
The Best Vegan Cookbook Tips
Better "bacon," tofu's texture, and more
The best vegan cookbook tips.
What to watch (and cook to) on Netflix.
It's time to travel.
Why you should be drinking tequila.
Put cake on a pedestal.