If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are some dishes that will never let you down. Baked Camembert served with somewhat unexpected chutney and crusty baguette is one of them. It is incredibly easy to scale to any party size, and you will have your guests (or the family) fighting over who gets the last piece. The chutney is also a wonderful companion to grilled lamb, pork and veal chops. —QueenSashy
- 1 whole Camembert (app. 8oz)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 ounces red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup ruby port
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- Combine the shallot and olive oil in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the onion is soft, for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and mustard seed and continue to simmer until the mustard begins to pop.
- Add the lemon zest, port, sugar and balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add the grapes and a tiny pinch of salt and simmer, until all the liquid has evaporated, for about 25-30min. Once all the liquid has evaporated and the syrup coating the grapes is about to start caramelizing, remove the chutney from the heat. Let the chutney cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Take the Camembert out of the box, remove all the packaging and place the Camembert wedge on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until the bottom of the wedge becomes light gold in color.
- Remove the sheet from the oven. Gently lift the Camembert, and place on the serving plate next to chutney and fresh baguette. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.