If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A soup with the body of squash, the sweetness of pear, and a bit of spice from thai red curry. Discovered by accident, this is my go-to squash soup recipe. - laagarf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 pears, cored and cubed
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- cream or creme fraiche or yogurt (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Saute the onion in big pot (or cast iron dutch oven) until translucent and browning on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Add pears, saute for 5 minutes until pears soften.
- Add curry paste, sitr in, and saute until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add squash, stir it around, and cover pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add broth, cover, and cook until squash is soft.
- Puree soup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with cream/creme fraiche/yogurt and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.