Author Notes: A soup with the body of squash, the sweetness of pear, and a bit of spice from thai red curry. Discovered by accident, this is my go-to squash soup recipe. - laagarf
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 pears, cored and cubed
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- cream or creme fraiche or yogurt (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Saute the onion in big pot (or cast iron dutch oven) until translucent and browning on the edges, about 10 minutes.
- Add pears, saute for 5 minutes until pears soften.
- Add curry paste, sitr in, and saute until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
- Add squash, stir it around, and cover pot. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add broth, cover, and cook until squash is soft.
- Puree soup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and drizzle with cream/creme fraiche/yogurt and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.