If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am a sucker for a good balance of sweet, salty and tart and my husband teases me that I am incapable of eating a salad without cheese and nuts. While I can enjoy a simply dressed salad of nothing but butter lettuce and chives, this grape salad recipe will only back up his theory. Regardless, it's a beautiful harmony of flavor and texture and could easily be turned into a meal with some grilled chicken. - savorthis
Serves 2 side salads
- 8 ounces grapes, sliced as thinly as possible
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 6 basil leaves in chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 ounce fresh, tangy feta
- Toast almonds in a dry pan until browned. Remove to a bowl. Toss gently with grapes and basil. Place on platter.
- Heat oil in pan and gently toast garlic until just starting to brown. Spoon garlic and hot oil over grapes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with crumbled cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grapes