If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Puff pastry makes this a fast and easy dessert that packs my favorite flavors of fall into one sweet, flaky bite. - vvvanessa
- 1 tablespoon sweet butter
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 3 small, ripe fuyu persimmons
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 sheet puff pastry, about 8 inches by 8 inches, defrosted by still cold
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- crème fraîche, optional
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the maple syrup, brown sugar, spices, vanilla, and salt to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat, and lay the puff pastry sheet on top.
- Slice the persimmons in 1/4-inch thick slices along the equator. Coat one slice at a time with the maple syrup mixture, shaking off the excess liquid then layering the slices in a nice pattern on the puff pastry. Sprinkle the pecans over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning the pan about 10 minutes into cooking. The dish is done when the persimmons soften and the puff pastry is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool at least 5 minutes. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve warm or at room temperature with an optional drizzle of crème fraîche.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Persimmons
Home & Design Link Love
How-to DIY a cheeseboard, keep lilacs from going limp, and more.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Recipe of the Day
Mortar and pestle perfection.