If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a favorite at our house - perfect for a chilly afternoon and a great way to use the leftovers - and it is easily expandable in case you need a big pot of something to serve a crowd during a football game. - aargersi
crunchy cumin tortilla strips
- 3 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- non stick spray
- Heat the oven to 350. Cut the tortillas in half, then into strips. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray, then spread the tortilla strips out evenly. Spray them with non-stick spray then sprinkle with cumin. Bake them until crunchy, tossing and stirring 2-3 times while they bake (app 20-25 minutes)
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 rib celery
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 ancho chili
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 2 medium tomatillos
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 cups low salt chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- shredded jack cheese
- sliced avocado
- cilantro leaves
- 2 cups chopped or shredded turkey
- lime wheels for garnish
- chop the onions, celery, carrot, tomatillo and garlic. In a large saucepan, saute the onion on med-high heat until it begins to sweat. Add the cumin, celery, carrot and garlic. Add the turkey and saute another minute or so. Add the broth, corn, tomato and tomatillo. Bring to a simmer. Remove the stem and seeds from the ancho and tear it into pieces and add them to the soup. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Squeeze in the juice of the lime and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- To serve, spoon the hot soup into a bowl. Sprinkle with jack cheese, and add the tortilla strips, sliced avocado and cilantro leaves, garnish with lime to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Turkey Leftovers
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.