If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This easy to make recipe has been passed down through the years in my family. I was originally published in my Ancestral Recipe Collection - From Our Kitchens cookbook. I call it my 'F & F Dish' because I've baked it so many times for funeral and fraternal dinners. —joalice.wall
Makes 9" x 13" casserole dish
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable cooking oil
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup milk
- 2 - 14.75each ounces cream style corn
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs using a wire whisk, then add the remaining ingredients in the order given. Grease a 9" x 13" casserole dish (I use cooking spray.)
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and bake for 1 hour.
Look at Those Layers
It's rice pudding meets custard meets cake
A low-effort layered "cake."
Trailblazing snacks to pack.
New to the Shop.
Can your lunch handle the commute?
It's in the bag.