Author Notes: I wanted to find a nice cake for my birthday so I found this cake recipe that I modified to my taste. The original recipe was very complicated and needed a lot of extra ingredients. So I fixed it up. I Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- Candyland Queens
Serves alot of people 10-15 thin slices (cake is very thick)
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpoes flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 pound of grated carrots (5-6 large carrots also work)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 1 pan for a thick cake! (8-inch cake round pan). Beat the sugar, oil, and eggs together in the bowl with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until it turns light yellow. (Or just whisk together till it becomes light yellow!) In another bowl sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones little bit by little bit. Fold the carrots to in the mixture (fresh carrots grated by hand). Divide batter evenly into one buttered cake pans. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 55 to 60 min . Or until a toothpick come out clean. Allow the cakes to cool overnight. (Put a towel on top.)
- 1 4oz package of butter
- 1 8oz package of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- Mix the cream cheese and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (This one just comes out better with the electric mixer - don’t recommend to do this with whisk or spoon.) Wait until the 2 ingredients are fully combined. Add the sugar and mix until is smooth.
- Put cake on a flat plate or a cake pedestal and put icing on the sides and top.
- Optional: I don’t add any decorations to the cake but if you would like you could add: walnuts, raisins, or anything that you like.