If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A filling veggie pasta medley with fennel-mustard braised shallots, black beans, and fresh basil. —VeganSquid
Makes 2 entrees
- 1.5 cups your choice of pasta
- 3/4 cup hydrated black beans
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon oil, devided
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fried garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 4 large basil leafs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Bring a lightly oiled saute pan to a high setting as you begin boiling your water for the noodles.
- Coarsely chop the shallots and add to heated saute pan. Toss a few times and then add (1 tbsp) fennel seeds. Saute, turning constantly, until onions have blackened. Add (1 tbsp) mustard and continue to saute until mustard has reduced considerably. During this your water should have finished boiling, so add your noodles.
- Remove shallots from heat and let sit to settle until the noodles have completely cooked.
- Drain water, and set onto a medium heat, adding the last of the oil. Mix in (3/4 cup) black beans, margarine, shallots, salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. Cook and stir for a few minutes. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh basil, and turn off the heat. Continue to stir until consistent.
Well, This is Appeeling
Tomato skins, meet salt
Tomato skins, meet salt.
This weekend's reading.
It's time to travel.
Out of the park toppings.
Put cake on a pedestal.