Author Notes: Another good way to use up roast turkey, especially post-Thanksgiving!
*The foundation for the mayo is from Amanda's recipe. - em-i-lis
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 5 canola oil
- 1/4 cup minus 1.5 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups cubed roast turkey
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves, toasted
- 1 scallion, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Add the canola oil, a few drops at a time, whisking vigorously. The mayo will soon thicken, and at that point, slowly pour in the rest of the canola oil, whisking mightily all the time.
- Once all the canola oil is incorporated, slowly whisk in the olive oil. Once the olive oil is in, whisk in the curry powder. Taste and season with more salt and curry as you like. Set aside; you’ll need roughly half of this for the turkey salad.
- In a mixing bowl, put the cubed turkey, chopped cherries, toasted cashews and chopped scallion. Toss to combine and then gently fold in 1/2 c of your curry mayo. If you want more, add it. Serve with arugula and good bread!