If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adore oatmeal, but want more protein to get you through the day?
Make Porridged Eggs! Think more eggs and grits than brown sugar-oatmeal.
- Alyce Morgan
- 1/2 cup Uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Kosher salt and Fresh ground pepper
- In a small sauce pan, heat the water and the oats over high heat until boiling. Turn heat down and simmer for two minutes or so.
- Carefully break egg into the center of the oats. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly. Let cook another 3 minutes OR until the eggs and oatmeal are done to your liking.
- Spoon carefully into a deep cereal bowl and add the butter to the top of the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.