Author Notes: Adore oatmeal, but want more protein to get you through the day?
Make Porridged Eggs! Think more eggs and grits than brown sugar-oatmeal.
- Alyce Morgan
- 1/2 cup Uncooked oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- Kosher salt and Fresh ground pepper
- In a small sauce pan, heat the water and the oats over high heat until boiling. Turn heat down and simmer for two minutes or so.
- Carefully break egg into the center of the oats. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover tightly. Let cook another 3 minutes OR until the eggs and oatmeal are done to your liking.
- Spoon carefully into a deep cereal bowl and add the butter to the top of the eggs. Salt and pepper to taste.