If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'll admit this is the first time I have ever made anything with pomegranate or pomegranate molasses, but this little sandwich with melted kasseri cheese, spinach and a sweet/tart pomegranate vinaigrette was extremely satisfying. —inpatskitchen
Makes one sandwich
For the pomegranate vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
For the sandwich
- 1 slice French or Italian bread, toasted (cut about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup grated kasseri cheese
- Around 10 baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate arils
- The previously made vinaigrette
- Pile the grated kasseri on the toasted bread slice and place on a baking sheet in a preheated 350F oven until the cheese melts completely (around 5 to 8 minutes)
- Place the spinach leaves over the cheese, drizzle with a spoonful or two of the vinaigrette and scatter the pomegranate arils over.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.