If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We just love always to try to alter classic recipes to get a new taste in a familiar way.
This time it's everyone's favourite pesto. Try celery leaves, add some parsley and a couple tablespoons water and you will have all light, super refreshing yet creamy and comforting green goodness. - GoodFood
- 2 handfuls celery, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 handful pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- sea salt
- 1 lemon for squeezing a little of juice
- Lightly toast your pine nuts in a pan to make their flavour intense but save the creamy texture.
- In a food processor pulse your garlic, celery leaves, parsley, pine nuts, 2 tablespoons cold water, a pinch of salt and extra virgin olive oil to taste. You can start with about 3 tablespoons, then add more until you get the desired texture. At the end squeeze just a little bit of lemon juice and stir it into the sauce, it will give you the best freshness you can only imagine in pesto.
- A classic recipe also requires grated Parmesan cheese which we safely omit as pine nuts work just greatly in getting the creamy texture so you probably would not want to add extra calories when you can simply go without them.
- The most popular way of using pesto is definitely adding lots of it to pasta. The popularity and wide spreading of this way doesn't make it dull or tasteless though. On the opposite, pesto pasta is a great comforting, filling and so pleasant to eat dish.
- You can also add some pesto to your tomato soup, or use it to dress a steak, to put on the top of your pizza, to mix with grilled vegetables or cover your fish with it - all these things will work, no doubt. Just remember to cook enough of your dish because most probably you'll want some more!
- Bon Appétit!
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.