If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it comes to October the first thing you can't wait to make is definitely pumpkin pie. This year we tend to use less flour, less sugar, less oil - it's all about the way you feel and look. We believe sweet treats can and should be healthy.
Here it is, the healthiest pumpkin pie ever. Gluten-free. Butter-free. Absolute love. - GoodFood
For the crust:
- 2 handfuls mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts)
- 2 handfuls dates
- 3 tablespoons oats (substitute with rice flour for gluten-free version)
- 1 cm thick piece of fresh ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 splash olive oil
For the filling:
- 1/2 medium pie pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground hot pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Cut a medium pie pumpkin in half, you will need just a half of it. Take one half and cut it in 4 pieces. Place the pumpkin pieces in the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes until the pulp softens.
- While the pumpkin is in the oven let's make the pie crust. We will need a blender or a food processor. Take 2 handfuls of mixed nuts. We used almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts, you can choose any nuts you love. Take 2 handfuls of dates and 3 tablespoons oats. Place all the ingredients in the food processor, add your ginger, a pinch of salt and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil. Blend the ingredients until they turn into a crumbly crust. You can test it by rolling a small amount of it in your hands: if the crust sticks together then it's perfectly ready. Line a tart mould with parchment paper, press the crumbs into the mould and place in the fridge while preparing the pie filling.
- For the filling put the pumpkin out of the oven and turn the heat down to 180 C, we will need it for baking the pie. Scrape the pumpkin pulp off the peel, let it cool for a while, add to the food processor together with an egg, sugar, rice flour and spices. Puree the ingredients and pour them into the cooled pie crust.
- Put the pie in the oven and cook it for 25-30 minutes until the filling thickens. Let cool and serve with a spoon of creme fraiche on top, it greatly balances the sweetness of the pie.
- Bon Appétit!
Have a Brew-ti-ful Day
Shop our newest caffeinated collection.
Everything you need for coffee and tea.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
The final step to a genius dinner party.
A list of things we like.
Add flower power to your espresso.