If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We just love to have a bowl of home made granola for breakast. With fresh milk or natural yoghurt it is the best way to start a day with a filling nutritious wholesome meal full of love and energy. Should we say is's also a nice sweet treat?
Here is how you make it. —GoodFood
Makes 4,5 cups
- 2 cups oats
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped dates
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 big apples cut in halves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Roast your apples for 40-45 minutes until they soften.
- Oil a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Toss your oats, almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds and sesame seeds in a bowl and transfer them to the baking tray. Toast them for 10 minutes until they get a nutty flavour. Turn the heat down to 150 C.
- In a food processor puree your roasted apples, then add honey, spices, cacao and salt. Pour the mixture over the oats and mix evenly, then add dried fruit.
- Bake for ~1 hour until the granola gets golden color stirring every 10-12 minutes to make sure all sides of granola get toasted.
- Store your granola in airtight containers.
- The beauty of home-made granola is that you totally adjust it to your taste picking the ingredients you love. You can make it with apples, or pumpkin, or maple syrop, add any nuts you love, pick any dried fruit, add your favourite spices and certainly omit excess sugars and fat. It's all about your fantasy: if you love the ingredients you picked then you'll love your granola! Bon Appétit!
Celebrate Canada Day with beet-cured salmon, poutine, and more
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.