If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup is a perfect warmer for any cold season meal. It's light, it's low-calorie, at the same time it's still comforting and so pleasant to eat. The ginger gives the soup incredible warmth that goes straight to your heart while you receive vitamins and fiber from carrots and apples, it's like a brand new comfort take on vitamins, you should definitely give yourself this treat! —GoodFood
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 medium apple
- 2 cm long ginger root
- 1 big onion
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley and almonds to serve
- Roughly chop your carrots, apple and onion, peel and finely chop the ginger root. Heat olive oil in a big heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. Add the chopped vegetables to the pan along with thyme leaves, add sea salt and pepper and cook over medium heat covered with a lid stirring occasionally for 20-25 minutes until the apple breaks down and the vegetables start to brown.
- After that pour in the pan just enough water to cover the vegetables. Bring to the boil and cook over low heat stirring occasionally until the vegetables are soft. When done remove from the heat and puree in a blender.
- Serve with a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, chopped parsley and almonds and fresh bread. Parsley and almonds are really an option but we highly recommend using Worcestershire sauce as it perfectly balances the overall sweetness of the soup. Bon Appétit!
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.