Author Notes: Last year, I discovered the joys of tomato jam which then led to creating different variations. When fall arrived and pomegranate season arrived, I couldn't resist adding pomegranate molasses to a batch for some sweet-tart flavor. The flavors of pomegranates and tomatoes blended beautifully, yielding a lovely savory jam that just happens to be delicious on a grilled cheese sandwich. - BlueKaleRoad
Makes 1 quart
- 4 pounds roma tomatoes, chopped (I don’t bother to peel or seed, but if you prefer a smoother jam you can do so)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and let it simmer and bubble, stirring often, until thick and jammy (about 1 hour).
- Let cool and ladle into a 1 quart jar. The jam will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates