If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Last year, I discovered the joys of tomato jam which then led to creating different variations. When fall arrived and pomegranate season arrived, I couldn't resist adding pomegranate molasses to a batch for some sweet-tart flavor. The flavors of pomegranates and tomatoes blended beautifully, yielding a lovely savory jam that just happens to be delicious on a grilled cheese sandwich. —BlueKaleRoad
Makes 1 quart
- 4 pounds roma tomatoes, chopped (I don’t bother to peel or seed, but if you prefer a smoother jam you can do so)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- Combine all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and let it simmer and bubble, stirring often, until thick and jammy (about 1 hour).
- Let cool and ladle into a 1 quart jar. The jam will keep for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.