If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The traditional topping of pomegranates add a lovely unexpected freshness to the warm smoky eggplant and not to mention the added nutritional impact. So worth the effort of having to peel the pomegranates. - whomadethehummus
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 cups Roasted Eggplant
- 1 cup Good Tahini
- 1/2 cup Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 peeled pomegranate
- Start with three nice sized eggplants. Let me just say color makes a difference here. The dark purple aubergines are the ones you want to use for this recipe. I enjoy all species but the lighter ones don’t hold up to this type of roasting. Score each vegetable with a fork three or four times and place them on a hot grill. Let them roast for at least 45 minutes.
- Once good and charred on both sides remove the eggplant and scoop out the creamy pale innards
- Plate it by smoothing it out on a nice Platter
- Give it a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a generous topping of Pomegranate seeds and that’s it! So easy and very delicious.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
Our herbs could use a helping hand.
When I dip, you dip, we dip.
Time to Celebrate!
Food52 takes home the gold.
Lamb and Sweet Potato Stew
Recipe of the Day
Caramelized Sauerkraut With Prunes, Herbs, and Honey