If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Not a fan of the beef? Make it vegetarian! You can absolutely enjoy it without the steak to lighten up the rest of your meal tomorrow. - HeatherPierceG
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
Salad and Dressing
- 2 pounds hanger steak, marinated (see marinade above)
- 3 bunches watercress
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 bunches radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (you’ll need at least 4 limes)
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce (found in Asian section of store)
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- (If using steak) Make marinade: 1. Peel and chop lemongrass. 2. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. 3. Pour marinade over the hanger steaks and allow to sit in refrigerator 2 to 8 hours.
- Trim the tough ends of the watercress then wash, and dry in a salad spinner or with a paper towel
- Combine mint, cilantro, radishes, red onion, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make dressing: In another bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Remove the hanger steak from the marinade and blot to remove any excess. Grill the steak about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove steak and let it rest about 5 minutes.
- Assemble salad: Toss the green sin the dressing (might not need all of it) and place it on a platter.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain and arrange it over the greens.
- Sprinkle steak with chopped peanuts (optional) and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs