If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My grandmother made this as a breakfast cake when I was a child. It's similar to a typical "Ozark" apple cake, but uses butter, not oil. - JenniferF
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups finely chopped, peeled apples
- 1/2 cup nuts, dried fruit, etc. optional
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg. Beat well.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- Blend into wet ingredients.
- Fold in apple and optional items
- Spread into a well-greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm or room temp, with whipped cream or without.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
It's Egg Alchemy
Make scrambled egg magic—in 15 seconds.
Magically creamy scrambled eggs—in 15 seconds.
Cool eats for hot days.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.