If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I threw a formal dinner party for friends this past weekend and this was the second course. It drew rave reviews and huge praise from our Burmese friend. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! —FunkyLady
- 5 handfuls red romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby tatsoi
- 1 japanese cucumber
- 1/4 pomgranate (seeds)
- 3/4 pomegranate (juice)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fermented tea leaves
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lime (juice)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon exra virgin olive oil (for garnish)
- 2 green onions (for garnish)
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and reserve 1/4 of them in the refrigerator.
- Juice the remaining seeds by pulsing in blender 3-4 times or by using mortar and pestle and then straining.
- Put the juice in a small sauce pan, add sugar and reduce on medium heat for 5 minutes. Put reduction in refrigerator.
- Mix tea leaves, olive oil, garlic, lime, and salt in large mixing bowl and then toss in lettuces and mix well.
- Plate mixture on small plates and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Stripe-peel the cucumber, slice on mandolin and place on top.
- Drizzle pomegranate reduction over the salad.
- Garnish each salad with the green onion and pomegranate seeds.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pomegranates
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Recipe of the Day
A better basket.