Author Notes: A DIY hot sauce you can make from the bottles and cans in your pantry all year round, with just one step. It also makes a great last minute edible gift, and will keep for up to 6 months in the fridge. Recipe adapted very slightly from Rich Torrisi and Mario Carbone, via New York Magazine. - Genius Recipes
Makes 2 cups
- 4 ounces B&G hot cherry peppers (or other pickled hot peppers), stemmed
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces crushed tomato
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and mix until slightly smooth.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!