If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes we vegetable gardeners have to eat a lot of the same thing, quickly. It's good to have a few easy ideas in your back pocket. Here's one for daikon, my favorite crispy, crunchy radish that conveniently comes in just one size--jumbo! Aside from pickling, it also doesn't preserve well. This summer I discovered a top-secret grove of daikon in my cabbage bed, and nobody will admit to sowing it (that means it was me).These thinkgs are 2 feet long, 3" in diameter, at the biggest point. They keep fantastically well in the crisper drawer, and you can chop off a few inches for a salad, and store the rest.
This salad is a quicky, using ingredients that I had on hand. - bonbonmarie
- 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 1 cup peeled, grated daikon radish
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon wakame (seaweed)
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate arils for garnish
- toss together tuna (with some / all of the olive oil it was packed in) and grated daikon with vinegar and molasses.
- Salt and pepper to taste (I don't add salt to this).
- Sprinkle with sesame, wakame and pomegranate arils and enjoy!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.