If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We recently had dinner at the home of some friends. I asked if I could bring anything, and my friend, who had heard that I enjoyed making cocktails, wondered if I had any fun Christmas cocktails up my sleeve. Although I have never had a classic Manhattan – I’m a dark spirit late bloomer and usually drink it neat – I love bourbon and this is what I came up with. Like any good Manhattan, as written it is a little boozy, but can be mellowed out with the addition of ice cubes in your glass and/or topped with club soda. It is lovely at the end of a long day. - gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate arils (and any juice that may have accumulated when removing arils)
- 2 ounces good bourbon
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses
- 3 drops Bittercube Jamaican #1 bitters
- twist of lemon
- club soda (optional)
- Muddle pomegranate arils in a shaker. This is mostly for color.
- Add bourbon, dry vermouth, pomegranate molasses and bitters. Throw in a few ice cubes. Shake vigorously until shaker is cold and frosty.
- Strain into your glass of choice, add lemon twist (and ice and/or club soda, if desired) and enjoy. Repeat.