If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from shemakesandbakes.com, this bread is moist, with varied textures from a crispy top , a soft center, to gooey cheddar oozing out once fresh form the oven. Flecks of flax add a bit more texture to this little gem. This bread is buttery and rich; hopped up with a citrus hum in the background, thanks to a heady IPA. Excellent straight form the oven and even better, believe it or not, toasted with a slight slathering of butter the next day or later that night. Enjoy! - KellyBcooks
Makes 9-inch loaf
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, cubed small
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, chopped
- 12 ounces good beer
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add in the cubed cheese and chopped jalapeno. Pour in the beer and stir until combined (will not necessarily be a smooth batter).
- Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray (I use a good garlic olive oil). Pour in half of the melted butter into the pan. Spoon the batter in the pan, press down lightly on the batter, and pour remaining butter on top. Top with flax seeds (if available) and a sprinkle of salt. Place in the oven and bake 50-60 minutes until the bumpy rust is golden brown. Remove from pan and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Beer
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.