If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A warm luxurious winter starter, entree or snack. —Michael Dergo
- 1 pound Broccoli Rabe
- 1 pound Cauliflower
- 2 handfuls Garlic Cloves
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 3 Carrots julienned
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Pork fat
- 3/4 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 cup Kerrygold Blarney Irish Cheese
- 20 ounces Stock (chicken or duck)
- 1 quart Half Half
- 6 sprigs fresh Thyme
- 6 fresh Sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- salt/fresh ground pepper
- In large soup pot bring butter and fat to heat and add onion (diced) and garlic - sweat. Separately steam broccoli rabe, cauliflower and carrot to almost done - add to soup pot. Add coriander and paprika - cover for 10 minutes. Uncover, add stock and simmer for at least half hour. With wooden spoon break up vegetables gently. (not a puree). Introduce half/half, introduce cheese and incorporate. Reduce heat and add thyme and sage. Season with salt/fresh ground pepper. Continue on low heat for half hour. Season to taste, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired ... enjoy.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.