Author Notes: I have been cooking this recipe for a few years, especially in the winter time. It is a hit every time! But I cannot remember where I found it! It is a healthy one pot meal, and makes wonderful leftovers! - culture_connoisseur
Serves 6 - 8
- 4 bunches Leeks chopped
- 6-8 pieces Chicken breasts or thighs (I prefer boneless)
- 4 Carrots cut in two inch pieces
- 1 packet Mushroom (I use Baby Bellas)
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 cups Chicken stock
- Pre-heat oven to 350' F. Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven on the stove. Generously pepper chicken pieces on both sides, and place in the hot oil to brown on both sides, but not cook through.
- While the chicken is browning, chop the leeks and place in a water bath and remove the soil found in the inner layers.
- Remove chicken from the Dutch oven when browned and set aside.
- Sauté leeks, mushrooms and carrots in the hot oil from the chicken until the leeks begin to soften (about 5 minutes). I may add a few more dashes of pepper at this point as well.
- Place the chicken pieces back on top of the leek mixture. Add all of the chicken stock.
- Place uncovered Dutch oven in your pre-heated oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Chicken should be a beautiful, roasted brown and the broth should be bubbling a bit. I like to serve this dish in beautiful, deep bowls with a few ladles of the flavorful broth.