If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's an Albanian dish that I grew up eating. It's very traditional but I made some more sophisticated additions. - Jonida
Makes as many you need
- 1 packet Phyllo dough
- 3-4 pieces Leaks
- 8 tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 packet goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Pinch White black pepper
- Take the leaks and split each leaks in 2. Then run them under the old water washing and opening each layer (leaks tend to be dirty and you don't want the additional crunch:) After you wash them cut them in small little pieces and place them in a bowel full of cold water. After you leave them there for a few minutes drain them and place them in a hot pan that has 3 table spoons of butter melted.
- Lower the heat and place the leaks in the butter, put in the salt, nutmeg and cover the pan. Stir often and wait until the leaks have sweated for about 15 minutes.
- Through in the goat cheese and stir it often until everything is mixed together. Add the pepper and Give it a quick taste to see if it needs more pepper or salt and add what you need.
- Heat the over at 350
- Tale a large round pan or a large square pan. Melt 4 table spoons of butter and get a pastry brush ready. Open the phyllo dough package ( don't leave it open too long or they will dry quickly) Take the pan and brush the bottom with butter and add a phyllo dough and them brush with butter and then continue the layering and buttering process for about 10 phyllo doughs. After that take the leak filling and layered across the top of the phyllo dough and make sure is even. Then place on top of the filling a phyllo dough butter the top and continue with each layer of butter and phyllo dough.
- After you have used them all, use an egg wash for the top layer and place it in the over for about 30 minutes more or less depends on the heat of your oven. Keep in eye on it p, if the top is golden brown then it's done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Leeks
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.