Author Notes: A recipe I perfected with my brother- we prefer them a little well done- crunchy on the outside, moist and garlicky on the inside. You can toss them with your favorite marinara and serve over pasta or eat them simply with fresh tomatoes and a baguette. - crispylikechicken
Serves ~30 meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 4 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 small white onion
- 3/4 cups parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon each salt and pepper
- Defrost frozen spinach (either in the microwave or by leaving it out at room temp for a few hours). Squeeze out excess water.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl- either by mixing with your hands or a potato masher/spoon combo.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form meatballs 1" in diameter. Space them as closely as you like- I can usually fit a whole batch on one baking sheet. I like to use a smallish mellon-baller or a tablespoon to shape them; for uniformity's sake.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn. Bake another 30 minutes or until desired level of crispiness.