If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not my recipe, but I recognized this was a gem worth sharing right away. It's my boyfriend's stepmother's former receptionist's eggnog. (Did you follow that?) My boyfriend swears this is the best eggnog you will ever imbibe during the yuletide season. I haven't tried it myself, but I was so tickled that this recipe was preserved for 19 years that I had to post it. Happy holidays! - The Internet Cooking Princess - meredithhimelfarb
Food52 Review: We liked how this eggnog has a smooth, boozy base and mousselike cap, which encourages sipping. The ice cream is a completely unnecessary indulgence, and we highly recommend it. - A&M - The Editors
- 24 Eggs, separated
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 qt. Bourbon
- 1 pt. Brandy
- 1 qt. Heavy cream
- 2 qts. Milk
- 1 pt. Vanilla ice cream
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- Then, add the Bourbon and brandy and stir together.
- Add the cream and milk and continue to whip.
- Break up the vanilla ice cream and add to the mixture.
- Next, take the egg whites and whip until stiff.
- Add the egg whites to the mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg to serve.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!