If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVX13NHRiU - HeatherPierceG
Makes one salad
- 1/2 cup farro (if you’re gluten-free, use brown rice or quinoa instead)
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (or 1 avocado, sliced)
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Cook the farro ahead of time, according to package directions, and let cool.
- Rinse and dry kale, remove leaves from stems and tear into bite-sized pieces. Add to a large bowl with olive oil and gently massage oil into kale for a few minutes until kale turns a nice dark green and becomes more tender.
- Slice the pomegranate in half and remove seeds (see video above).
- Add 1 cup of cooked farro, pomegranate seeds, feta cheese (or avocado) to kale.
- Make dressing: whisk together walnut oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard until creamy.
- Drizzle dressing over salad, toss to coat, and serve!
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns